Ann has created and led high-profile marketing communications programs in Austin during the past 20 years. She built her career on her unique ability to listen closely, analyze quickly and translate complex ideas into compelling content.
In 2005, she launched Taylored Communications to focus on her first love – writing compelling copy to engage audiences. As a former journalist, Ann knows how to capture compelling stories and craft them into content that grabs the reader’s attention. Selected clients include the Lake Austin Lifestyle magazine, SolarBridge Technologies (now SunPower,) Journeyed.com, Art+Academy, Cole Real Estate, Make-a-Wish Central and South Texas, DocBookMD and nGenera.
Her prior work experience includes working for both established and startup technology clients, public sector organizations and non-profits, including United Way of Greater Austin, Neverfail, Whole Security (now part of Symantec), RenewData, BMC Software, IBM/Tivoli, Samsung Austin Semiconductor (through TateAustin Public Relations) and the Austin Police Department.
She holds a Master’s Certificate in Internet Marketing/Social Media from the University of San Francisco; and a Bachelor’s degree in Journalism from California State University, Fresno. Ann is active in the Austin American Marketing Association currently as the VP of Events and formerly as VP Sponsorships.
Ann believes that giving back is important – she gives back by donating her expertise to various organizations in the community:
- Austin American Marketing Association – Ann is currently a member of the events team.
- Trinity Child Development Center – Amplify Austin (March 2013) was a 1-day giving campaign orchestrated by I Live Here, I Give Here. Ann developed a social media plan for Trinity Child Development Center that raised $11,640 – the most money they have raised in any type of campaign ever.
- Make-a-Wish Central & South Texas – At the request of a longtime friend and CEO of this organization, Ann developed a media relations plan and placed articles in local media.
- LaunchPad Job Club – A board member for many years, Ann developed the organization’s first brochure.
- Impact Austin – Ann wrote for the newsletter and handled media relations.